5 of the Best Natural Remedies for Diabetes

Anything relating to keeping good health, exercise, dieting, weight lifting, etc.

Moderator: megrisoft

5 of the Best Natural Remedies for Diabetes

Postby subisa852 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:13 am

Over the past year or more, several people have asked me "what are some natural remedies for diabetes?" and I've taken my time answering it directly. Mainly because it is a condition with many variables, and I have been studying and researching everything. Now after so long of doing my homework, I have found 5 natural remedies that appear over and over again in my research. Mostof them can be done in conjunction with current medication, or can be done alone to help keep your levels manageable.

Be sure to discuss everything with your doctor. Do NOT stop taking medication if you are currently on any for diabetes. Even when you see improvement, please talk to your doctor before making a decision like that.

1. Karela Melon

This slightly bitter tropical melon is one of the best home remedies for diabetes there is . It gets a lot of attention, and most people can find it at the local natural foods store. I'd recommend picking it up and for three months, prepare a dish of the melon in ghee. Have this dish once a day. This will definitely help bring the blood sugar to a manageable level.

2. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a cure I was originally informed of by my diabetic grandmother. The best thing about it is it can be tailored like crazy. You can take it 4 times a day, or just 1. You can even change the recipe to suit you. The generic recipe is 8 - 10 oz of water or tea with 2 tablespoons(about 2 oz) of Apple Cider Vinegar. Take it daily with a meal or alone. It will be a bit bitter, and if sweetening is necessary, use Stevia or natural fruit juices. NEVER use aspartme!

A member of my mailing list also clued me in to another sweetener: cinnamon. This is a double-whammy, because it helps the taste and cinnamon is yet another excellent diabetes remedy. Thanks Randy!

3. Grapefruit juice

This is widely known and used. I advise caution, though. It can and does help many, but it can also react with certain medications. If you are treating your diabetes completely naturally, then eating or drinking grapefruit regularly will help keep your levels manageable. If you are on any medication, please speak with your doctor before using grapefruit as a remedy.

4. Ginseng
Ginseng is definitely a wonder. It is recommended to improve mental clarity, anti-aging, menopause, diabetes, and much more. Ginseng is something I would tell everyone to take -not just those with diabetes. It is certainly one of nature's power foods. A 150mg daily dosage is enough to lower glucose levels and keep them low.

5. Black Raisins

In their natural state, these fruits can help immensely when used regularly. The best way to use them as a remedy for diabetes is soak a handful of them in water and keep them overnight. In the morning, strain the water out into a glass. Drink the water that is obtained. Do this as often as you like, but at least three times a week.
subisa852

Return to Health & Fitness