[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4227: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3519)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4229: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3519)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4230: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3519)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4231: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3519)
Indian Discussion Forum • View topic - Guru hindi movie 2007

Guru hindi movie 2007

Discuss all about Hindi Movies, Music, Indian Theater, Bollywood films their reviews, old movies, art movies,Bollywood News & Gossips.

Moderator: megrisoft

Guru hindi movie 2007

Postby megri » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:52 pm

Guru is a forthcoming Hindi film to be directed by Mani Ratnam. It stars Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Madhavan and Vidya Balan in pivotal roles. The movie also stars Mithun Chakraborty in a supporting role and Mallika Sherawat in a cameo role. The movie will also be dubbed in Tamil and Telugu. The film's score and soundtrack will be composed by A. R. Rahman. The film is currently slated for release on January 12, 2007.

Guru will also be exclusively premiered at the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres in Toronto, Canada on January 11, 2007

Directed by Mani Ratnam, who has written the script with Suhasini Mani Ratnam and Vijay Krishna Acharya, Guru is said to be a mature love story. Shooting for the film took place in Turkey and Badami, Karnataka, as well as in Chennai and Madurai, Tamil Nadu. The music is composed by A.R. Rahman, with lyrics by Gulzar. Cinematography for the film is handled by Rajiv Menon. Current reports state that the film is based on the life of India's biggest petrochemicals tycoon, Dhirubhai Ambani.

With choreography by Saroj Khan and Brinda, Guru, produced by Ratnam and G. Srinivasan, is to be released on January 12, 2007

Gurukant Desai - Idhar village, Gujarat. Don't dream. Dreams never come true, my father, the headmaster of our village school often told me when I was a young boy. But I did dream. As I grew, so did my dreams. Bigger than my outstreatched arms, bigger than my small house, bigger than my village. I loved Idhar. It was quiet, peaceful, lazy and green. But I knew that my destiny was beyond this village. I knew that my destiny had to be made by me. When I came to Bombay I had two shirts, a wife, a brother-in-law and Rs.15,000 in a small suitcase to start a business. But all doors were shut for a newcomer. Indian business and trade were run by a handful of the rich and the privileged. Only they were given the licenses, they had the quotas and they controlled all the government and trade. It was an exclusive club where it was imposible for an ordinary middle class newcomer to enter, leave alone succeed. You had to kick the doors open or cajole them open. I did both. I did not take no for an answer. And that's because I can never hear the word no. 40 years later. We started Shakti Trading in a 350 sq feet room, with one telephone, one table and three chairs. Today Shakti Corporation is the first Indian company to enter the Forbes top 500 list. People ask me how this happened. I said to them, "Think Big, Think Ahead and Think Fast".

Sujatha - I hated my father for forcing me to marry Guru. But I was sent away to Bombay to live with my unwanted husband and my anger in a one-room chawl. I don’t know when I stopped thinking of him as a stranger and started calling him Guru. I was too shy to say things like I love you, but love was perfume I wore everyday. Some people call him God, some say he is evil, but for me he is the man who has to just enter the room and I can feel that perfume waft its way across and settle on me... that perfume called love.

Manikdas Gupta (Nanaji) - Swathantra – is the newspaper I run, and the newspaper runs me. Gurubhai was like a son to me, when I met him first on the streets of Bombay. He had righteous anger and a desire to achieve his goals. I liked that. He was in a hurry to make his own way. I liked that even more. When others told me that Gurubhai was not all white, I thought they were envious of him and ignored them. That was my mistake. No cost is too great in the pursuit of truth. And in my fight for the truth I knew that I’d either destroy Guru or myself. And I was prepared for both.

Shyam Saxena - Gurukanth Desai should be put in a jail and the keys should be thrown away. It’s not just that he is evil, but he awakens the evil in everyone. Gurubhai flirted with the law and the lawmakers, did anything and everything to enhance his business, and then buried the laws and built a fountain on top of it to make the grave look pretty. Profit and the share price were the only two parameters that mattered to him. Right and wrong, just and unjust were incidental. I will fight him and the Gurus of this world till the very end.

Meenu - I met Gurubhai when I was seven years old. He was the only one who never asked me why I limped. While Nanaji and Shyam could only see what Gurubhai had done, I could see why he had done it. When you run fast you do kick up a lot of dust. But dust always settles. I could see it from my wheelchair but Nanaji could not. I like fights. And this one where everyone I loved was fighting each other was exciting. They cared but they fought. The contradiction was exactly like life. And I loved life. Especially when there was so little of it left.
megri
Site Admin

Postby arunadhiman » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:25 am

GURU: It was a great movie. Abhishek and Aishwarya were playing good role in this movie. I like Barso Re song of this movie very much.
arunadhiman

Postby Nikhilesh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 am

It is excellent movie by Mani Ratnam. It was somewhat based on Dhirubai Ambani. The script was nice. I enjoyed the movie and Abhishek was superb and Ash was outstanding.
Nikhilesh

Postby ana001 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:11 am

It was a very great movie,full of positive attitude
and inspiration. Performance by all actors was superb.

Tia,
ana001

Postby srajiv » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:56 am

It was an excellent movie want to see again on something on real life hero story
srajiv

Postby raj001 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:17 am

Hi
Again a serious and sensible performance by Maniratnam and his boys. serious Abhishek, gorgeous Aishwarya, musical god A.R.Rahman play his best.
rocky
raj001

Postby sans89 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:15 am

Hi,
Guru is excellent movie. Abhishek played his best acting in this
movie.This movie is directed by Maniratnam.
sans89
sans89

Postby 500aday » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi,
Yes, a movie worth to watch.
The movie was also dubbed in Tamil as Guru and in Telugu name I forgot.It was a first Indian film to have a mainstream int'l premiere in Canada.

Thanks
500aday

Postby Dhaval » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Guru was just an excellent movie. Specially the role of Abhishek Bacchan. He deserve it.
Dhaval

Postby Dhaval » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Yes, Barso re Meghs song is just awesome. Very nice to listen. I love this song too/.
Dhaval

Postby signals3_t2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:09 pm

a very good movie..

signals3_t2

Postby nadia » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:20 am

It was very good movie by Mani Ratnam. It was somewhat based on Dhirubai Ambani life. The script was nice. I enjoyed the movie and Abhishek was superb and Ash was outstanding.
nadia

Return to Movies Talk